The main ideas of holistic-futurism summarized
A translation from the German version
The 5 Fundaments of Holistic-Futurism
- Pro-Science: Without the progress in the sciences (from astronomy to zoology, and theoretical and practical mathematics), our modern world wouldn’t be possible. Hence holistic-futurism dedicates itself to spread the ideals of science, the scientific method and a basic understanding of science.
- Democratic: Another key aspect of holistic-futurism is the defence and expansion of democracy, as well as the education on democratic rights and aktiv participation through already-existing institutions (e.g. bpb in Germany) and newly founded organisations (e.g. Guardians of Democracy). More participation and less bureaucracy revives democracies and makes them more vivid. Furthermore, there must be a trustworthy and serious information network – controlled by experts of their respective fields and overseen by independent organisations – which is accessible to all citizens; a strong and constructive exchange between the various groups within society is also a necessity.
- Social Policies: Freedom can only be thoroughly enjoyed and lived out, if there are no more financial and existential fears/concerns anymore. That’s why it is the task of the government to provide a watertight and high-quality healthcare system. In addition, the opportunity for further education and re-education should be guaranteed by extending the education system; along with it has the extension of social security the highest priority. Everyone has a right to humane housing, food, clean water, electricity, education, healthcare, and else (in short: a life lived with dignity).
- Humanity: Every individual has the right to exist. Each culture and nation has a right to exist. There’s no such thing as „inferior cultures“, neither do „races“ exist. Humans are one species – the homo sapiens. Cultural differences can be overcome or mitigated through exchange (-> mutual understanding) – good cooperation is only possible by ensuring that there’s understanding. Moreover, the exchange between cultures is beneficial to all of us, because it widens our own horizon.
The Past, Present and Future play important roles: we learn from the past, we influence the presence, we build the future.
- Holism: Holism is a nature ethics which gives ecosystems and their inhabitants the right to exist. These ecosystems must be protected, or given the opportunity to recover from human influences. The current out of control exploitation must be rejected!
Animal suffering must be prevented, therefore factory farming must be discontinued!
If the nature suffers, then humans suffer as well (and vice versa). It is long overdue to adjust the economy to be environmentally friendly and align with the culture of a people’s nation – not abstract economic theories (such as neoliberalism).
Other Guiding Ideas
- Pragmatism: Policies must be realistic and feasible. However, that doesn’t mean that the fundamental ideas – as the 5 fundaments lay out – are shoved aside; they are being merely implemented in a thoughtout and practical manner to achieve the desirable goal. Compromises for political goals are normal and acceptable, as a rule. They are necessary and required to satisfy all voices to some extent, that’s what a democracy is about. Longterm objectives (e.g. 100% renewable/zero-emission energy sources) shan’t give away to that, though.
- Technocracy: The technocratic aspect will also be of great importance, because expert knowledge is needed in the ministries to make realistic and efficient policies. Consequently, a ministry is only occupied by people who either have theoretical experience (e.g. studied the subject), practiced it (e.g. had a job in the sector), or got both. The economic players and politics mustn’t twine with each other (-> conflict of interests)! Moreover, the technocrat is still required to regularly stay in contact with the people of the sector (e.g. the Minister of Defence regularly visits the army and talks to them) and the people (see: the Council of the People’s Deputies, the article I wrote).
Fundament and the guiding Ideology
As you may have noticed, this ideology is mainly economically on the left (due to strongly emphasizing social policies). That’s also considered to be important, since everyone should be free to live conservatively or liberally. Holistic-Futurism views itself as a fundament of a future for all people, one that opposes inhumane and anti-democratic enemies and knows how to defend itself.
In a way it is like a frame of a painting: it shows the limits and prevents the painting from falling down. The strong emphasizes on the cultures of humanity represent the rich ornaments of frames from the Baroque era, the picture is going to be painted by the people.
In other words: the frame exists now, the only thing missing are the artists who paint the picture of the future. These artists, at least I hope so, are the readers of this article.
Swing your brushes, for only you are those who can change the world!
And do not forget: The journey is its own reward.